The first, and most important thing to do is to make sure that your profile is up to date and as informative as possible – LinkedIn can only suggest jobs for you if it has a good idea of what you’ve done already. Equally, you want potential employers that look you up to see a professional and comprehensive profile. It’s easy, as the profile page is constructed to mimic a CV format – just make sure you use all the keywords a potential employer might use for a search.
The next step for job hunters is to use the site’s Job Search options to search for positions by keyword and location. But be warned: as with every jobs website, there’s a smattering of scam postings.
At this point, you can just sit back and wait for LinkedIn to match you up with vacancies. However, this is to miss the best opportunities, says Monika Morrow, senior vice president of career management at Right Management.
“On the contrary, success almost always comes down to the candidate making a personal connection with a person or persons on the hiring side,” she says. “The technology, now so integral to the job search, is just a tool, not by itself a solution.”
Chosen excerpts by Job Market Monitor. Read the whole story at How to use LinkedIn to land your next job – AOL Money UK.
- LinkedIn / Most Recruiters Who Use Social Media
- Job Search with LinkedIn / Close to 100% of job seekers use it as their number one social media
- Job Search / Top 10 LinkedIn Groups
- LinkedIn / Profiles for the out of work
- LinkedIn / Your Profile When You’re Unemployed
- Job Search / Resume and LinkedIn Profile
- LinkedIn Job Search / 6 Mistakes You Should Never Make
- How To Strengthen Your LinkedIn Network
- LinkedIn / Most Popular Site for Social Recruiting finds Bullhorn Reach
- Job Search / Integrating Social Media in Your CV
- Job Search with Twitter / 5 ways to use it
- Job Search with LinkedIn / Is ‘Move Your Job Application to the Top of the Recruiter’s List’ Cheating ?
- Job Search and LinkedIn Profile / Please Polish it
- Job Search Tools and Internet / 8 New Ways To Do