A survey of hiring managers by Bullhorn Reach says 97.3% of those surveyed used LinkedIn as a recruiting tool in 2012.
Having a profile is a great first step, but if you’re like many professionals, you could probably leverage LinkedIn better to help you reach your career and job search goals.
Take a close look at your profile and how you use the network and make sure you aren’t making these mistakes on LinkedIn.
1. Your profile isn’t 100% complete.
2. Your profile lacks compelling details and keywords.
3. You never modify your profile.
4. You haven’t customized your LinkedIn URL.
5. You never post updates.
6. You’re not following companies.
Chosen excerpts by Job Market Monitor. Read the whole story at