As if finding great employees wasn’t enough of a problem for small business owners, keeping them poses yet another HR challenge. Plantronics Workplace Flexibility Survey of 270 small business owners conducted last year by the Corporate Executive Board found that 44 percent say that finding and retaining talent is the most difficult aspect of HR/labor management.
So how are small business owners resolving the challenge to find good employees? The solution is to offer flexible, mobile and remote work options, say 64 percent of survey participants. Workers with choices of when and where to work are 12 percent more satisfied with their jobs.
- Parents Want Flexible Work
- Increase Workplace Flexibility – Where to start
- 10 Top Jobs for Parents
- Strategies to Attract, Engage and Retain Older Workers
- Randstad launches report on flexible labor and employment
- Paternity Leave / What happens when men cut back on work to fulfill family obligations?
- Workplace Engagement / Bridging the Gap
- Gen Y / Looking for flexibility over financial reward
- UK / HR workers among the unhappiest
- The Flexible Work: What About Telecommuting
- Flexible retirement
- UK / Working from home could save up to £34 billion to employers