The week is rich in tips. Here are some articles chosen by Job Market Monitor.
3 Reasons Why Your Interviewer isn’t Your Friend | CAREEREALISM
I’m going to tell you something that shouldn’t come as a surprise. Ready? Okay…
Your interviewer is not your friend.
But you already knew that, right?
So, why do so many job candidates seem to make this mistake? Those who’ve read my other blogs and How to Get a Legal Job: A Guide for New Attorneys and Law School Students know I spend a great deal of time talking to hiring decision-markers, including hiring directors, interviewers, personnel managers, and recruiters in many different industries—in other words, the people who will be interviewing you.
5 Must-Ask Questions at Job Interviews | The Savvy Intern by YouTern
Think an interview is a one-way street? Think again. One of the biggest mistakes a job-seeker can make is not asking any questions at a job interview.
An interviewer will almost always ask you at the end of the meeting if you have any questions — say no, and you look ill-prepared, uninformed, and uninterested. Say yes, however, and ask the right questions, and you’ll impress your potential employer with your commitment, interest, and thoughtfulness.
10 Body Language Mistakes That Sabotage Most Interviews | Wise Bread
Question — how much of what you “say” is actually interpreted through body language and tone of voice? Well, if we are to believe Albert Mehrabian, almost all of it.
Professor Albert Mehrabian has stated that only 7% of a message is conveyed verbally, through words. The other 93% is split between tone of voice (38%) and body language (55%). In fact, it’s widely known as the 7-38-55 rule.
Movin’ On Up: 5 Qualities That Make Hiring Managers Say “WOW!”
When you go in for an interview, what will set you apart from your competition? Odds are, the other hopefuls interviewing for the position have as much, if not more, experience than you. How can you impress recruiters and prove to them that you are the right person for the job?