The International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) is a confederation of national trade union centres, each of which links the trade unions of that particular country.
The International Trade Union Confederation has built the world’s most compre- hensive data base of violations of workers’ rights (survey.ituc-csi.org). Descriptive texts detailing facts on real-world violations faced by workers have been published in the Survey since 1983. In 2014, qualitative surveyed information is supplemented by numerical ratings for each country revealing the varying degree of collective labour rights enjoyed by workers across the world, the ITUC Global Rights Index.
The ITUC Global Rights Index puts abusive governments and companies on notice that the international trade union movement stands in solidarity with workers who are denied fundamental rights. The worst places in the world for workers to work will be exposed and the ITUC will demand change, demand decent jobs. Global solidarity in support of countries where there are no rights, inadequate laws or effective labour market institutions will garner the support of trade unions around the world to rectify this situation. Governments and business that allow or perpetrate oppression of workers cannot hide.
- Weakening labour regulations will stimulate job creation is an unfounded claim says International Trade Union Confederation
- 03-06-1900: International Ladies Garment Workers Union founded
- Update3 Bangladesh Garment Factory Collapsed Building / death toll 1,127 and garment workers allowed to form trade unions
- Do Fewer Unions Make Countries More Competitive? No it seems
- US / There is no evidence that job losses were larger in states where businesses more worried about government regulation and taxes
- Labour Market Regulations : Policy makers do not necessarily have a comprehensive approach
- Labor Market Institutions – High unemployment rates have weakened the prime facie case for deregulation and less intervention
- Canada / Long term trends in unionization, a Stat Can study
- Unions in US / Majority Approves but Say They’ll Weaken
- US – How organized workers fueled america’s broadly shared prosperity