Leaving behind their mansions and yachts, the millionaires were motivated by what they saw as an existential threat to the country, Mitch McConnell, a spokesman for the millionaires, said.
“This was an extremely diverse coalition,” McConnell said, noting that everyone from the rich to the very rich to the super-rich united to vote down the bill.
McConnell hoped that today’s vote would burnish the millionaires’ reputation as “people who get things done.”
“Folks who have tried to pin a ‘do nothing’ label on us are dead wrong,” he said. “When it comes to stopping workers from being paid more, we spring into action.”
- Minimum wage in US – Over 500 economists sign a petition to the President against an increase
- Minimum wages in US – Some States act (A map)
- A Million Veterans Would Benefit from a Minimum Wage Increase
- US / House Republicans Vote Down on Minimum Wage
- Minimum Wage in US / Much of the empirical evidence suggests that it fails to alleviate net poverty says CATO
- US / Domestic workers barely make minimum wage
- Minimum Wages and Living Wages in US / A map
- US / 71% Back Raising Minimum Wage
- It is Time to Upgrade America’s Miserly Minimum Wage writes Ralph Nader