The Bottom Line…
• Global economy will feel the effects of COVID-19—a recession is likely in many countries
• Canada and the United States went into February 2020 on a solid footing but things have deteriorated precipitously
• Economic impact will depend entirely on our success (in Canada and the United States) at containing the outbreak
• Tourism, accommodation and food, entertainment and recreation, oil patch and manufacturing will suffer sharp declines
• Consumer spending, especially on durable goods, should rebound quickly once the crisis is over
Chosen excerpts by Job Market Monitor. Read the whole story @ COVID-19 | The Conference Board of Canada
No comments yet.