Internships that work gives comprehensive guidance to help employers start an internship scheme or improve their existing programme.
It covers all the main issues surrounding internships, including:
- helping interns and business get the most out of internships
- guidance on how much to pay interns
- the best way to recruit interns
- creating a good induction process for interns
- effective ways to supervise and support interns
- how to structure short- and long-term internships
There is also:
- a checklist for running an internship
- a model internship agreement
Originally published in December 2009, this guide was updated in May 2013 and again in September 2015. It is available for download below.
ABOUT THE CIPD
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is the UK’s leading professional body involved in the management and development of people. We contribute to the development of public policy across the spectrum of workplace issues and re ect the perspective of employers by drawing on the experience of our 140,000 members and our substantial research base.