Leaders and managers commonly mislabel [some of the EQ skills] as personality characteristics. These are the skills that set exceptional employees apart.
- They’re willing to delay gratification.
- They can tolerate conflict.
- They focus.
- They’re judiciously courageous.
- They’re in control of their egos.
- They’re never satisfied.
- They recognize when things are broken and fix them.
- They’re accountable.
- They’re marketable.
- They neutralize toxic people.
Chosen excerpts by Job Market Monitor. Read the whole story at 10 Ways To Spot A Truly Exceptional Employee