Here are 17 questions you’ll want to avoid during the first job interview, as they may do more harm than good:
- What does your company do?
- What will my salary be?
- Will I have to work long hours?
- How soon can I take a vacation?
- How quickly could I be considered for a promotion?
- When will I be eligible for a raise?
- Will I have my own office?
- Does it really matter?
- What happens if I don’t get along with my boss or coworkers?
- Will I have an expense account?
- Are you married? Do you have kids?
- Can I make personal calls during the day?
- Is it true?
- Do you monitor emails or internet usage?
- Do you do background checks?
- Can I arrive early or leave late, as long as I get my work done?
- How did I do?
- Did I get the job?
Chosen excerpts by Job Market Monitor. Read the whole story at Questions to avoid in a job interview – Business Insider