Sometimes job applicants are memorable for the wrong reasons, a new OfficeTeam survey shows. Managers were asked to recount the most embarrassing job interview mistakes they have heard of or been witness to. Here are some of their responses:
- “The candidate called the interviewer by the wrong name.”
- “One job seeker had lettuce in his teeth when he arrived.”
- “An interviewee was so nervous she almost fainted.”
- “The applicant did a song and dance routine in hopes of getting the job.”
- “Someone brought his pet dog.”
- “When a woman was asked to tell the interviewer a little about herself, she didn’t have anything to say.”
Chosen excerpts by Job Market Monitor. Read the whole story at OfficeTeam | You Won’t Believe These Embarrassing Job Interview Mistakes.