In the News

Ireland – Employment increases 1.5% or 27,700 in a year (Q3)

There was an annual increase in employment of 1.5% or 27,700 in the year to the third quarter of 2014, bringing total employment to 1,926,900.  This compares with an annual increase in employment of 1.7% in the previous quarter and an increase of 3.2% in the year to Q3 2013.

Summary points for Q3 2014

  • The increase in total employment of 27,700 in the year to Q3 2014 was represented by an increase in full-time employment of 26,100 (+1.8%) and an increase in part-time employment of 1,500 (+0.3%).
  • On a seasonally adjusted basis, employment increased by 10,400 (+0.5%) over the previous quarter. This follows on from a seasonally adjusted increase in employment of 4,300 (+0.2%) in Q2 2014, an increase of 700 (+0.0%) in Q1 2014, an increase of 11,400 (+0.6%) in Q4 2013 and an increase of 17,700 (+0.9%) in Q3 2013.
  • The seasonally adjusted unemployment rate decreased from 11.5% to 11.1% over the quarter while the number of persons unemployed fell by 7,700.
  • Unemployment decreased by 37,400 (-13.2%) in the year to Q3 2014 bringing the total number of persons unemployed to 245,500. This is the ninth quarter in succession where unemployment has declined on an annual basis.

Capture d’écran 2014-11-27 à 13.47.36 Capture d’écran 2014-11-27 à 13.48.34

Chosen excerpts by Job Market Monitor. Read the whole story at Quarterly National Household Survey Quarter 3 2014 – CSO – Central Statistics Office.

Discussion

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Jobs – Offres d’emploi – US & Canada (Eng. & Fr.)

The Most Popular Job Search Tools

Even More Objectives Statements to customize

Cover Letters – Tools, Tips and Free Cover Letter Templates for Microsoft Office

Follow Job Market Monitor on WordPress.com

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Job Market Monitor via Twitter

Categories

Archives

%d bloggers like this: