If you are not sure of the connection between employee resilience and your company’s ability to thrive in this economy, see how many of these questions you answer “Yes” to:
- Do you believe it’s challenging for many people to focus on their jobs and keep their spirits up because of what’s going on in their lives and in the world?
- Are you concerned about how much health care benefits cost your company?
- Are you interested in keeping absenteeism and turnover costs down?
- Does customer service quality play a major role in whether or not your company thrives?
- Do you want your employees to respond to change with enthusiasm and determination, rather than fear and resistance?
- Does intellectual capital – i.e. the knowledge, wisdom, and innovative capacity of your workforce – play a significant role in your ability to compete in the marketplace?
- Do you place a high priority on having a positive, “can do” workforce, rather than a negative, complain-about-everything collection of whiners?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you need a resilient workforce.
Chosen excerpts by Job Market Monitor. Read the whole story at Why You Need a Resilient Workforce in Today’s Economy.