The data used to create the map are from the Department of Homeland Security. In 2012, slightly more than 1 million people were granted legal permanent resident status in the U.S. (Legal permanent residents may also be referred to as “permanent resident aliens” or “green card holders.”) About 15 percent of these new immigrants are from Mexico. China and India come in second and third with roughly 8 and 6 percent of 2012’s new legal permanent residents.
- Wages Growth in US since the Great Recession – Maps
- US in Maps – The most popular languages by state
- US – A Map of unemployment rates by County (2013 average)
- Minimum wages in US – Some States act (A map)
- Intergenerational mobility in the US / A Map
- U.S. Metros / Mapping persistent unemployment
- Minimum Wages and Living Wages in US / A map