About 22 million moms are working in the United States today. Over one-fifth of all working moms would get a raise if we increased the minimum wage to $10.10. That’s 4.7 million moms and their families who would see an increase in wages with that modest minimum wage increase.
And, not to be left out, 11.6 percent, or 2.6 million, working dads would also see a raise if we increased the minimum wage. That’s over 7 million parents who would see an increase in wages.
Chosen excerpts by Job Market Monitor. Read the whole story at Raising the Minimum Wage to $10.10 Would Benefit 4.7 Million Moms | Economic Policy Institute.
- Minimum Wages and Living Wages in US / A map
- US – Is The White House Consistent on Minimum Wage and Interns Pay?
- Minimum Wages Around The World
- Minimum Wage in Pennsylvania – More than a million would benefit from an increase
- Moderate minimum wages can do more good than harm writes The Economist
- US / Low-paying jobs and the minimum-wage battle
- The Fight for Higher Wages