The minimum wage helps support family incomes, reducing inequality and poverty, but as a slide deck from the Council of Economic Advisers shows, as the real value of the minimum wage has been allowed to erode, it has stopped serving this important purpose.
- Minimum Wage Increase in US / The CBO’s estimates of the effects on employment and family income
- Minimum Wages and Living Wages in US / A map
- Minimum Wage Estimated Impacts in US / CBO Director defends position
- US / Low-paying jobs and the minimum-wage battle
- Minimum Wage in US / Two-thirds of the federal minimum wage earners are women
- US / Income inequality is now near a record high reports a Senate Joint Economic Committee
- US / Closing the Gender Wage Gap by Raising the Minimum Wage