Americans have a new No. 1 problem. Nearly one in four Americans mention jobs and unemployment as the most important problem facing the country, up from 16% in January. The government and politicians had topped the list since the government shutdown in October.
- US / The Unemployment Problem is a long-term unemployment problem
- Poverty and Unemployment and Full Employment / The Early Debate between Beatrice Webb, Sidney Webb and William Beveridge
- US / No job creation in January finds Gallup
- US / More are worse off financially than a year ago finds Gallup
- US / Many baby boomers are reluctant to retire finds Gallup
- Unemployment Insurance Extension in Us / Transcripts: President Obama’s and House Speaker John Boehner Jan. 7 remarks