Americans who rely on unemployment insurance describe exactly what this essential lifeline has meant to them, and what’s at risk if House Republicans refuse to renew it.
On Nancy Pelosi‘s Channel, Democratic Leader of the U.S. House of Representatives for the 112th Congress.
- Unemployment Insurance in US / Worse than most other developed countries (video)
- US / ‘Extended’ Unemployment Benefits ending: less active jobless persons looking for work
- Unemployment Insurance in US / Has it increased joblessness ?
- Long-term unemployment benefits expire / Who, why, where …?
- US / Why extending unemployment insurance in a chart
- Unemployment Extension / White House will push when Congress comes back to work
- US / The share of unemployed receiving jobless aid will drop to its lowest level
- US / CBO estimates that extending the emergency unemployment compensation (EUC) program for one year would cost $25.7 billion
- UI Extension in the US / 1.3 million people to lose access to an emergency program
Pingback: US – Unemployed job losers have low rates of transition out of the labor force until their duration of unemployment ends FRB finds | Job Market Monitor - January 13, 2015
Pingback: Unemployment Insurance in US – Cut in benefit duration accounted for about 61 percent of the aggregate employment growth in 2014 NBER’s study finds | Job Market Monitor - January 26, 2015