How can a city harness the sharing economy in order to create jobs and develop enterprise?
1. Expand allowable home occupations to include sharing economy enterprise
2. Reduce permitting barriers to enterprises that create locally controlled jobs and wealth
3. Use idle commercial spaces for community benefit
4. Assist cooperatives through city economic development departments
5. Make grants to incubate new cooperatives
6. Provide financial and in-kind resources to cooperatives
7. Procure goods and services from cooperatives
8. Integrate cooperative education into public education programs.
Chosen excerpts by Job Market Monitor. Read the whole story at