“What’s the most difficult question you were asked in an interview?”
We put this question to delegates at the Naturejobs Career Expo in London last month, and judging by the pained looks on their faces, it was clear that there had been some clangers. Here is a selection of the most hated questions, and what people thought of them.
1. What’s a weakness of yours that has been mentioned by your colleagues?
2. Tell me something unusual about yourself?
3. What other jobs have you applied for?
4. Why does a PhD want an admin based job?
5. What was the most interesting article you read this morning in The New York Times?
Chosen excerpts by Job Market Monitor. Read the whole story at