The process of immigration for skilled workers has been on hold
Citizenship and Immigration Canada has brought in new changes in the Immigration procedure and criteria too. The selection procedure has also been changed.
The applicants have to meet tougher criteria which might be good news for many while it gives a tough time to those who do not meet the criteria.
As a matter of giving time for the changes to settle down the immigration process has been put on hold.
Changes in Federal Skilled Worker system includes the following
• Language proficiency has been emphasized. An applicant with a sound knowledge of English or French will get a good score over the other who does not. In fact, they might not be considered.
• The degrees of applicants will be cross verified and checked against the standards of Canadian education system.
• Immigrants with Work experience in Canada will be given more experience than others.
• Young immigrants in the age of 18-35 will get more preference rather strong preference. Those above 45 will get a zero score in this category.
• The application process would be simple and transparent so that frauds are curbed and people can apply even on their own.