Speaking to supporters in Oakland, CA, President Obama declared that his economic policies are already proven successes.
“We tried that and it didn’t work,” Obama said of Mitt Romney’s proposed tax cuts and spending cuts, which he dismissed as a Bush-style “top down” economic policy. “Just like we’ve tried their plan, we tried our plan — and it worked,” he added later in the speech. “That’s the difference. That’s the choice in this election. That’s why I’m running for a second term.”nistration promised that the stimulus would knock unemployment down to about 5.5% by now. It has not even come close to that mark…
The administration promised that the stimulus would knock unemployment down to about 5.5% by now. It has not even come close to that mark.
- Neither Obama nor Romney Will Jump Start Jobs Growth (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- Race Matters – Black unemployment rate:14.4% -vs- white at 7.4% (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- US Unemployment: On the Supernatural Rate (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- US Unemployment System – A Bad Employment Policy (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- Unemployment – What Bernanke said at Congress (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- Unemployment: Lessons from history (jobmarketmonitor.com)