Barclays’ investment bank has been hit by a slowdown in the demand for government and company debt.
Barclays will also set up a “bad bank” which will eventually sell or run down £115bn of non-core operations.
These include £90bn of investment bank assets and all of its European retail banking operations, amounting to £16bn of assets.
Chosen excerpts by Job Market Monitor. Read the whole story at BBC News – Barclays to cut 19,000 jobs over three years.
- Barclays / 12,000 confirmed job cuts this year
- Barclays – Could cut 7,500 jobs
- Baclays / 400 jobs cut in corporate banking
- Barclays to cut 600 jobs in India
- Barclays / To cut 3,700 jobs
- Barclays / 3,500 jobs could be cut
- Barclays / To Cut 2,000 Jobs