The average age at which U.S. retirees report retiring is 62, the highest Gallup has found since first asking Americans this question in 1991. This age has increased in recent years, while the average age at which non-retired Americans expect to retire, 66, has largely stayed the same. However, this age too has slowly increased from 63 in 2002.
- US – 59% are worried about not having enough money for retirement finds Gallup
- US / Many baby boomers are reluctant to retire finds Gallup
- US – The retirement crisis it’s not what some people want you to believe it is
- Employers attitudes to older workers are changing along with their desire to remain in the workforce
- US / 47 per cent of working now expect to retire later survey finds