The unemployment rate among youngsters with an ethnic minority background rose between 22% and 29% over the first three months of this year, compared with 10% for the native Dutch, according to new research by the Forum institute.
Of youths with a Moroccan background, up to 39% may now be without a job, Forum, which specialises in multicultural issues, said.
The institute criticised political parties from across the political spectrum for failing to include measures to tackle this ‘dramatic’ situation in their election manifestos…
- UK – Youth Unemployment – British youth poorly prepared for world of work (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- Race Matters – Black unemployment rate:14.4% -vs- white at 7.4% (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- Poland – Youth Unemployment (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- Youth Unemployment in EU – The crisis has caused a significant increase, but rates vary widely (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- France – Lessons on Youth Unemployment and Youth Employment Policy (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- UK: Long-term youth unemployment grows eight-fold since 2000 (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- Official youth unemployment – The Scariest Chart (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- Youth Unemployment – Young Invincibles Calls for Action (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- Youth Unemployment – How to measure it ? (jobmarketmonitor.com)