More than 2,000 demographers are in Denver this week for the Population Association of America’s annual meeting, where they will discuss topics ranging from the changing family to international migration flows. Ahead of the meeting, here are some important recent demographic findings from Pew Research Center:
- Millennials are projected to outnumber Baby Boomers next year.
- A record number of Americans live in multigenerational. households, part of a broader trend toward more shared living.
- The institution of marriage continues to change.
- After decades of decline, motherhood and family size are ticking up in the U.S.
- There are more than 250 million migrants worldwide.
- New refugee arrivals are down in the U.S. and their religious composition has changed.
- International arrivals to the U.S. have risen among some groups.
Chosen excerpts by Job Market Monitor. Read the whole story at 7 demographic trends shaping the U.S. and the world in 2018 | Pew Research Center