The booming Chinese economy means that technology firms - particularly e-commerce companies – are struggling to find skilled candidates and managers to help fuel that growth.
The latest Salary and Employment Forecast from international recruitment company Michael Page shows that there is strong growth in demand for technology professionals across sectors such as finance and retail, in IT and telecommunications companies themselves, and at an increasing number of internet and social media businesses. “Employers across all professional occupational groups are continually looking to improve their IT systems and infrastructure, which is leading to consistent jobs growth for technology professionals at all levels,” the report says.
What will make interesting reading for those in recruitment or HR is that many of these companies are looking to invest in learning and development, and require support to help source and develop those sought-after skills. Another report, released by consulting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), found that 59% of Chinese CEOs are finding it increasingly difficult to hire, and two-thirds are investing in workforce development outside of their own companies to build a bigger base of potential employees. HR therefore has an important role in staffing China’s rapidly expanding economy…
Read More @ How technology is fuelling China’s jobs market.
- China | Demography | Aging : the long-term implications (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- Apple | Hiring automotive professionals in China for the ‘iCar’ (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- HR | Human Capital Trends 2012 – Deloitte (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- China | Quality is Job No 1 (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- China Hits Turning Point; Jobs Coming Back to the U.S. (jobmarketmonitor.com)